- 1 The Power Commander V
- 2 The Power Commander V Accessories
The Power Commander V
Power Commander V Product Introduction
The New Power Commander V is loaded with tons of new features. Below you will find some Power Commander V features.
- Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
- USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
- 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
- Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
- Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
- With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
- Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
- 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
- Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)
Power Commander V w/ Built in Ignition Control
On select models, gain control over fuel delivery AND timing with the new Power Commander V with fuel and ignition control. The best of both worlds, now you can realize all the benefits of the Power Commander V and the Ignition Module 5 wrapped in a single enclosure. This Power Commander V is available for select twin cylinder engines.
- Retains all of the standard Power Commander V fuel control features
- Allows +/- 20 degrees of timing adjustment
- Map Switch Input – change maps on the fly
- Adjust timing per cylinder
- Raise your Rev Limit (only available on select models)
- Built In Launch Limiter
Power Commander V – PTi
On select models a new version of PCV is now available that’s perfect for forced induction applications. This new unit, PCV-PTi, comes with a Bosch 3 bar MAP/Temp sensor as part of the PCV harness for expanded capabilities built into the control center software.
The PTi version of the PCV gives you the ability to modify your fuel curve based off a pressure (boost) table and/or temperature table. The pressure table gives you 3D mapping capability based on boost vs RPM, while the temperature table gives you 2D mapping capability with up to 50 points of adjustment.
This new version of the Power Commander V is perfect for turbocharged or supercharged applications looking for precision, control, and reliability.
NEW Dynojet C3 Mobile
Extending the flexibility of Dynojet’s latest tuning software, C3 Mobile allows you to communicate and adjust your installed Power Commander V. Available for free on Google Play.
- Downloads and Send Maps
- Manage and Configure Power Commander Features
- Enable REV X-tend
- Configure Quick Shifter Options
- Calibrate Throttle Position
Requires an additional On-the-Go USB Cable to connect your device to the Power Commander V for full functionality.
C3 Mobile currently only supports single device support with the Power Commander V. At this time the Secondary Fuel Module (SFM) and Ignition Module (IMV) are not supported and will need to be removed from the network.
On-the-Go USB Cable
The Power Commander V Accessories
AutoTune for Power Commander V
The Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture (by installing the included Wide Band O2 sensor in the exhaust). It then sends this information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects it while you ride.
Each map that we offer has preset Air/Fuel ratio values included that we find to be the best overall settings. This lets you simply plug in the unit and let it do the work.
For Harley Davidson models we ever monitor and adjust each cylinder individually for increased precision as on these models required fueling can vary significantly between the front and rear cylinder.
Quick Shifter for Power Commander V
Normally during “up shifting” you must roll off of the throttle and pull in the clutch in order to engage the next higher gear. In racing (both drag and road race), split seconds count.
Rolling off the throttle, even slightly, slows your times and can be the difference between winning and losing. The Dynojet Quick Shifter (DQS) allows full throttle, clutch less shifting.
This is done by momentarily cutting the fuel and or ignition, which unloads the transmission. During this time, the rider can shift up to the next gear without rolling off the throttle or using the clutch.
Map Selection Switch
Connecting the optional Map Selection Switch allows the rider to switch between two different maps within the Power Commander. For Touring Bikes this could be used to switch between a “fuel economy map” for long rides and a “full performance map”.
For Sport Bikes it could be used for applications such as “Dry Nitrous Oxide” kits to permit the user to make the fuel mixture richer when activating the system.
Additionally, if the Power Commander has an Ignition Module connected it can switch to a less aggressive timing map at the same time.