Apexmoto offers an auction “Agent” service that allows customers to purchase motorcycles from the dealers auctions. This benefit to the customer is that the motorcycle is often purchased at below retail cost. Most bikes are used bikes but from time to time, brand new bikes are available. We purchase from the two largest auctions in Japan with auctions on Wednesday and Friday.
The Purchase Process
- The customer inquires about a particular manufacturer/model/year/condition and informs us of their budget.
- Apexmoto provide some history on auction sales as a reference. Apexmoto then provide pics of some motorcycles coming up on the next auction.
- If any motorcycle interests the customer, we provide all the auction pics.
- The customer tells us the max price they want to bid ( hammer price ).
- If the customer wants to try to win a motorcycle on auction, we require a deposit to be paid as security prior to the day of the auction. Payment can be via PayPal, bank deposit or in cash ( receipt provided ).
- Hammer price of ￥250,000 or under, the deposit is ￥35,000
- Hammer price between ￥250,001 and ￥400,000 the deposit is ￥40,000
- Hammer price over ￥400,001 and the deposit is ￥60,000.
- For overseas customers, who do not have a Japanese address the deposit is ￥120,000 or 20% is purchase price which ever is higher.
- Apexmoto staff go to the auction inspect the motorcycle and take any extra pictures requested by the customer. We carry out a 50 point inspection and then we will also give our thoughts on the bike and comment if we think another motorcycle is better value.
- We follow the customer instructions as to what to bid on and how much.
- If the bike is not won, we either refund the deposit or we hold it, if instructed so by the customer, until the next auction.
- If the bike is won for the desired hammer price, we pay all costs and fees and hold the bike until the balance ( total cost minus the deposit ) is paid. Full payment must be made within 5 working days.
- A ￥20,000 name change deposit is required if the customer wants to do the name change, or Apexmoto can do the name change ( if the customer is in Tokyo or Yamanashi, for ￥15,000 ). The ￥20,000 deposit is refunded in full once the name change has been confirmed.
- Once payment is confirmed, the customer can pick up the bike or request we hold the bike until the customer is ready to pick up the bike ( limited to 3 weeks free storage – up to 1yr storage at ￥3,600 per month.).
- We can deliver the bike in Tokyo or Yamanashi for ￥16,000 most days or we can drop off in Shinjuku ( ¥4,000 ), Shibuya ( ¥5,000 ), Yokoska ( ¥7,000 ), Yokota (¥4,000 ) or Atsugi ( ¥6,000 ) on Wednesday mornings. We can also deliver the bike to the local BAS depot for ￥3,000.
- If the customer fails to pay the balance before pickup or within 5 working days of the auction date, the deposit is forfeit. ( Unless there are mitigating circumstances ( we require proof ) such as an emergency business trip or an accident, in which case if notified within 1 week, we can hold the bike for up to 8 weeks during which the bike must be paid for and picked up ).
What Are the Costs
The cost are as follows;
- Hammer price ( the price the bike sold for ).
- Auction fee ( the fee the auction house charges for the sale ).
- Apexmoto “Agent” fee.
- 8% Sales tax on (1+2+3)
Latest Auction Sampler
Most motorcycles purchased from auction, come without warranty. Neither the auction company nor Apexmoto include warranty on “Agent” purchased motorcycles. New or under 2yrs old motorcycle purchased on Auction, typically have the OEM warranty. Usually the warranty can be transferred to the new owner, by taking the motorcycle to a dealer and having a service check done.
Apexmoto does offer an options 6 month or 12 month warranty on “Agent” purchased bikes and prices are provided on inquiry ( vary based on motorcycle type, value and condition ).
Apexmoto is licenses to sell automotive insurance or hoken (Japanese) for motorcycles and cars/trucks. We sell both JCI or Jibaiseki ( mandatory ) and Ninihoken ( optional insurance ) and offer service in English or Japanese. Please inquire to email@example.com
Apexmoto can purchase and install aftermarkets parts and accessories as requested by the customer. We can also install parts ordered by the customer and shipped direct to Apexmoto. Our installation fee are very reasonable and it allows you, the customer to have your new bike delivered with all the accessories you want, pre installed. Conact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries. email@example.com